Things You Might Need During Your Pregnancy
There are a variety of products which can help make your pregnancy easier, and more comfortable. In fact some of the things included on the list will be a necessity and prescribed by your doctor.
- Pregnancy pillow: As the name suggests, a pregnancy pillow is a pillow designed specifically for use by pregnant women. It allow for comfortable sleep in various positions even with a growing belly.
- Maternity clothes: As your belly grows (and especially if it's summer or you live in a particularly hot climate) having custom designed clothes for pregnancy can be very helpful to make you feel comfortable.
- Pregnancy belt: If the weight of your growing belly begins to cause discomfort, a pregnancy belt can help alleviate the discomfort by distributing the strain that the weight of your belly puts on your back.
- Pregnancy bra: Pregnancy bras are designed to provide comfortable day-long wear for growing breasts. They may have special features such as extra padding and wider straps for comfort.
- Pregnancy pants: Pregnancy pants have a waistline constructed of sturdy but stretchy material which is not only comfortable but also supports the weight of a growing belly.
- Prenatal vitamins: Almost every mother-to-be will be prescribed a set of vitamins, particularly prenatal vitamins which are to be taken while trying to get pregnant, and throughout the pregnancy (as directed by your doctor). Prenatal vitamins provide the necessary nutrients for a fertile body, and a healthy pregnancy.
- Morning sickness aid: There are a variety of products which help reduce morning sickness, including over the counter pills, pressure armbands, and specially formulated teas.
- Stretch mark skin lotion: There are a variety of lotions which can help reduce or completely prevent the occurrence of stretch marks on your belly as the baby grows. These lotions are generally applied on a daily basis to keep the belly skin soft and able to stretch without leaving marks.
- Fetal Doppler (baby heart monitor): Also known as a fetoscope, a fetal doppler monitor is a specifically designed tool which makes it possible to listen to the heart beat of a fetus.